Even if your website looks divine and perfect, often, you might come face to face with a recurring issue- Lack of traffic. You can count this as a major drawback.
So, what do you do?
You have worked so hard for your website and you are not getting enough leads out of it. When you do so much, it is always encouraging to get results as quickly as possible which will motivate you to stay consistent in your business and will keep you going.
Well, there’s one way for it. You surely must have heard about PPC or Pay per click campaigns. I am sure when you first heard about it, it sounded too good to be true, isn’t it? Get an ad on Google and the customers come flooding in.
But as months are passing by and you’re not getting the kind of response you expected, you start realising PPC is not everyone’s cup of tea. PPC marketing is not that simple. But don't be discouraged.
So, let’s get down to business and understand how to make the most of PPC campaigns.
But first the basics.
- What is PPC, how it works and is it more effective than SEO/organic search?
Every time someone clicks on your ad on the search engine sending a visitor to your website, you pay a small amount to the search engine. When your PPC campaign is running smoothly, the fees are trivial. Because the visit values more than what you pay for it.
Basically, PPC is a keyword-based search-ad or a banner-based display ad to drive traffic to your website.
PPC is a very good way of marketing as it is more targeted and you only pay for the number of clicks you get. But it is not as simple as it sounds.
When you invest in a PPC campaign, you probably want it to perform exceptionally. But for that, you need to understand what works for the audience and what not. You basically have to place yourself in their shoes, understand things from their perspective. Well, we’re here to help you with it, if you need a helping hand in understanding the concept of PPC campaign and how you can carry out an effective one, don't hesitate to contact us here.
But are PPC campaigns more effective than SEO?
While businesses mostly look forward to organic searches and trust heavily on the results of SEO, you might wonder why PPC is still considered over SEO.
1. Placement on the page: Paid searches always appear above the organic searches on the top of the search page. A user will always notice paid searches even if they decide to scroll past it.
2. Improved advertisements: PPC campaigns are basically ads which allows you to display little more than just your website. You can have a lot of space to display your marketing messages.
3. Visibility: With PPC, you are noticed by the right people. Your brand visibility increases and you are more prone to earning profits.
4. Better speed: Nothing better than PPC campaigns can give you faster results. Organic searches may take months and years to gain visibility, but with PPC, you get in front of your customers faster. 5. Targeted searches: Ads can be targeted by geographic location, certain keywords, time of the day, device or even audiences based on previous visits. PPC campaigns are laser-targeted ways to reach your potential customers.
6. Visual ads: PPC campaigns allow you to display your ads using pictures and visuals gaining more attention from users. Also visuals stay on the top of the mind when remembering any advertisement. Hence more chances to stay relevant among your potential customers.
PPC campaigns are a little different to deal with, than SEO, and also deliver faster and quicker results, so, let’s explore how to make the best out of a PPC campaign:
- How to find the right keyword for your PPC campaigns?
When it comes to targeted keywords, you have to be very careful about it as it requires a lot of research. You are expected to look at the world through your user’s eyes.
Keywords are considered as the building blocks of any PPC campaign.
Get started with thorough research and begin from the starting line. By that I mean start from your own website. Observe and scan through every page and list down the most relevant keywords which are directly related to the products or services you offer.
For example, I am searching for a campaign to advertise “Samsung smartphones”, so my list should include some of the following keywords-
1. Samsung phones
4. Cell phones
5. Smart mobile phones, etc.
How do you make a list?
1. Brainstorm: Sit down with your colleagues and brainstorm about the possible keywords that your prospect can search for, on search engines. Make a list of it and then filter out the most effective ones according to you. Figure out which keywords will bring the best business to you.
2. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes: As I’ve mentioned before, you need to look at the world through their eyes and think the way the probably would think. Understand your buyer persona and jot down the possible keywords they can search for.
- Filtering out the irrelevant keywords:
How can you filter the irrelevant keywords from your campaign?
In the list of all the keywords you have jotted down, there will be top performer keywords and some which are irrelevant and can disturb the whole PPC campaign performance.
These keywords would do nothing for bringing traffic to the website or make conversions. Instead, they will cost you a waste of advertising spend.
The solution to these problems is to ensure that your keywords are properly targeted so that when a user searches for you, you are showing them an ad that clearly co-relates to their search query.
All your keywords should have balanced impressions and clicks altogether. If your keyword is only getting impressions and little or no clicks, you need to make a decision. Those keywords are lacking relevance.
Make sure that your ads are directing the user to your landing page and not your homepage.
You need to save money and track the performance of your keywords from time to time and filter the irrelevant ones simultaneously.
Keywords are complex.If you are facing trouble figuring out how your keywords should be like, then we can help you. Clicke Here now to know more about keyword targeting.
- Targeting and re-targeting the right kind of audience:
Before carrying out a PPC campaign, you need to have your target audience profile in hand. You need to be well-versed with your user’s wants, needs, their demographic profile, psycho graphic profile. Everything!
PPC campaigns anyway provide a unique opportunity to grow your customer base.
If you have access to an email database, you can make use of it. This database can be found in your CRM system and can help in narrowing down your sales funnel. This way you can find your right target audience.
You can also use the audience profile from your previous PPC campaigns and can curate a target audience profile altogether.
Re-targeting also opens several doors for making a PPC campaign successful. Ever happened that you browse through an online shop and then notice their ads popping up on your page again and again? That’s re-targeting.
Users land on your landing page but leave without conversion. PPC campaign is a way to bring these users back. With ads popping up on your “once -upon a time interested” audience can remind them how effective your brand is and why do they need you.
It is very obvious that re-targeting is an incredible and easy way to increase your PPC performance.
- Making a compelling Ad-copy:
It is obvious that your ad copy is the first point of contact between you and your potential customers. As we know your first impression is going to speak volumes for your rate of sales. Therefore, make sure your ad copy is compelling to your potential customers.
But how do you make an ad copy distinct and engaging?
Create ad copies that will attract more and more audience. Start with an attention-grabbing headline. People browsing online can only skim through the screen and can probably only focus on your headline. So, make sure your headline is precise and describes your product or services in a tempting way.
You need to make sure your ad is specific and to-the-point. Don’t beat around the bush and waste ad space. Instead, mention the necessary and add keywords that are relevant and adds value to your product/services. It's difficult to understand, but trust me, we're here for you.
Include a strong call to action so that your user is determined to click on your ad.
A good call to action can empower your whole PPC campaign and generate leads and conversions.
If possible, put an ad extension at the bottom to let your customers know more about your products/services.
- Lure them with a convincing landing page:
To make the most out of a PPC campaign you should be ready to be more innovative and creative. Keep in mind that your ad-copy and your landing page should be complementary to each other.
An ad copy works the best when it is associated with a relevant and effective landing page. Therefore, it is necessary to write ads keeping in mind what is offered on the landing page.
Also, make sure you highlight the benefits and USP that you stated in your ad copy on your landing page to make your PPC campaign more effective.
These tactics will help give you an edge among your competitors so do try and give them a shot. If you want to learn more about PPC campaigns and accelerate your PPC campaign performance, then don’t forget to Contact us or E-mail Us.